Wherein I assume that you are even remotely interested in all of this...
Another travel site? I can't help it. I'm compulsive, at the very least.
But then again, the response to my Travels in Scotland site (visit it
here, if you're interested -- almost 1100 photos of gorgeous Scotland)
was so nice that I can't help but hope that this trip is as interesting
A few changes, though. The most frequent request from the previous site
was "how much did it cost?" and clearer information on the price
of things. So, I've included a detailed exposé on what this one
is costing us. Don't look if you're squeamish. Trust me.
I've also tried to be more organized, to make the site easier to browse.
While the planning and photo sections are still large, the rest is a bit
better organized, I hope. I'm open to all suggestions -- send
them on if you have them. Here's the gist of it:
- the plan: notes and ruminations on the early stages of planning the
trip as well as some notes on general travel issues in Egypt.
- itinerary: our itinerary, with links to photos, the travelogue, and
historical notes, as well as some alternate itineraries for shorter
(or longer!) trips. Includes sites and lists of must-see's.
- photos: annotated photographs and historic details for the sites
we visited. Lots of them. An embarassing amount, actually.
- travelogue: A day-by-day narrative of the trip (often odd, but linked
to photos and other notes). A bit long, and probably best taken in
- costs: the details of the expenditures for this trip
- info: general info, including average temperatures, tourist offices,
embassies, and other useful tidbits
- books: reviews of the many guidebooks that I've bought, and
recommendations for those with less of an urge to buy books by the
- history: condensed cultural and historical information about Egypt
and egyptian cities, linked to a complete gazeetter of pharaohs from the first dynasty to the last, all linked to the sites and photos.
Thanks for taking the time to wander through. I hope that you enjoy it!
© 2003 - 2004 r. fingerson
drop me a note!